After investing in a vaping device, you'll want to be sure to take the proper steps to care for it. Cleaning your vape often is the best way to ensure a long life and maximum enjoyment. In fact, if you feel like your experience has been sub-optimal lately, chances are, your e-cig probably just needs a little maintenance. There are several parts of your vape that will need to be cared for. The device, your e-liquid and the battery can all benefit from regular attention. Properly maintaining your vape will help you enjoy the best flavor and airflow possible.
- Store Your Device Correctly Treat your e-cig like any other electronic device and make sure it is stored properly. The most important thing to remember is to keep your device away from water, other liquids and extreme heat or cold. When not using your e-cig, we suggest keeping it upright whenever possible.
- Take Care of your Battery Improper battery care and storage can greatly affect how your device functions. A dirty battery terminal can negatively affect the performance of your device by preventing it from making a clean connection with the cartridge or capsule. To keep the connection point clean, occasionally wipe it with a clean, dry cloth. (Remember to never use water or other cleaning solutions anywhere on your device.) We also recommend you never let your battery run down until it’s completely dead. Always keeping a small amount of charge in your battery will help significantly lengthen your battery’s life. Finally, be sure to keep your battery away from high temperatures, which includes avoiding prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, and other metal objects.
- Store Your E-liquid Properly First and foremost, always store your e-liquids, capsules or cartridges out of reach of children and pets. To maximize the shelf life of your e-liquids, they should be stored in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight. Extended exposure to heat can compromise the quality and flavor profile of your liquid. If you’re stocking up on your favorite flavors, be sure to use them before any best by date located on their box.
- Don’t Overfill Your E-liquid or Let It Get Too Low If you’re using a tank vaporizer, you must be equally sure not to overfill your tank or let the e-liquid level drop too low. If you overfill your tank, you can damage your device. If you let it run dry, you’ll be unable to draw any liquid into the atomizer. This can result in an unpleasant taste, or even worse, burning out your atomizer. An easy way to avoid overfilling is by using a closed tank system, like the one from Logic. Because our cartridges and capsules are pre-filled with e-liquid, there’s no mess, hassle or worrying. And, with the convenient window in the Logic Pro capsule shell, you always know how much e-liquid you have left.
- Don’t Overtighten Your Battery, Tank or Other Parts Many of the components on your vape or e-cig screw together. While you want things to be secure, it’s important to make sure you’re not overtightening the components. Screwing your battery, tank or atomizer more than is needed can cause permanent damage to the device. Overtightening can strip the threading, making the components impossible to remove or preventing them from going back together. When assembling your device, tighten the components just until they’re secure.
Keeping your device in optimal condition through proper maintenance, usage and storage will ensure that you’re able to enjoy it for years to come. Have other questions about how to take care of your Logic device? Check out our frequently asked questions about device maintenance.